Head of Cyber Security - Cambridge, UK
Join our team at Blackdot Solutions — We’re the brains behind Videris, a cutting-edge platform that helps tackle serious intelligence challenges like terrorism, money laundering and organised crime. Sure, its serious stuff, but we believe in the power of technology to do great things.
What you will be doing
As our Head of Cyber Security, you will lead our information security strategy, manage risks, protect business critical applications and champion a security focused culture across the business. This is a hands-on role, with the key responsibilities of continuously improving our Information Security Management System and to develop security operations around our hosted solutions.
A successful Head of Cyber Security will play a key, collaborative role across the business, working alongside our Sales, Development, Product, Support and Customer Success teams to deliver great results.
- Work with the Head of Product to formulate and execute a cyber security strategy that aligns to our wider product and technology strategy. This includes:
- AWS Security Operations.
- Continuous improvement of the Information Security Management System & ongoing compliance with ISO27001, GDPR and other relevant standards.
- Security awareness and education
- Holistic view of security across the business (end user, physical etc)
- Overall security architecture and roadmap of appropriate security technologies
- Manage subsequent cyber security controls and, risk management and develop reporting metrics and KPIs for key areas of the business
- Ensure all cyber security policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Develop strong technical knowledge of Videris’ architecture and deployment options, working with our development team
- Develop and lead a security and operations team.
- Manage and be responsible for 3rd party suppliers relating to IT.
- Act as the main point of contact for business functions relating to cyber security matters including liaising with customers and partners to explain, plan and execute the deployment
- Be an advocate for best practice around all aspects of cyber security with a focus on continual improvement
- Liaise closely with our Development and Product teams to stay abreast of the product roadmap for Videris and give input into this
We like working with smart people who can communicate their ideas well and bring their team along with them; no idea is a bad idea. You will be expert at what you do, but keen to experience new ideas and to learn further.
This position is one of our more senior roles and has a strong technical component, requiring:
- You are likely to have a Bachelor’s degree in an information technology or security related discipline. You may also have postgraduate technical qualifications
- Experience working as Head of Security or similar in a heavily regulated environment
- Experience of dealing with relevant security and data privacy standards
- Extensive experience of AWS, Azure or similar technologies
- SaaS operations knowledge
- Experience in creating and executing security strategies, ideally in a B2B software business
- Broad experience of modern software delivery including cloud (e.g. AWS) and knowledge of technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes as well as experience installing or administering micro-services or N-tier technology stacks
- Excellent critical thinking and problem solving with strong interpersonal and communication skills too
- An in-depth understanding of enterprise information security technologies
We are pleased to support a hybrid working model, with employees able to choose to work from home as well as from our office in the south of Cambridge.
We ask that employees live within reasonable travel distance of Cambridge or London, so that they can work in the office as needed, as well as attend in-person meetings (including social events) as scheduled.
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday, plus discretionary time off at Christmas, and the flexibility to carry over
- The chance to work with some of the best people in the business
- Strong work-life balance & flexible working
- Professional development days & Pluralsight Enterprise Training Package
- Vitality Health Insurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Socials: Like everyone, our social lives have been disrupted recently, but we are now getting back to our normal levels of socials, including pubs, barbecues, punting and table tennis on tap. We always make time for fun!